Monday, October 20, 2008

The Zombie Event

This week in World of Warcraft, there are Zombies infecting innocent players, turning them into Zombies, which go on to infect others, and so on. These are some of the 'extras' that I think make the game fun. Sure, there's also the World Event Hallows End, but honestly once you've ridden around on your rickety broomstick with a pumpkin head for bit, the novelty wears off. I have only stopped off to Trick or Treat at my local Inn once so far in-game.

But the Zombie event I have never experienced before. It makes me grin. I'm a fan of Zombies. I'm jealous of the college kids that get to play Humans vs Zombies on campus. So I'm looking forward to flying to Booty Bay and joining the league of the undead for just a while. Some feel that the event is much to invasive and are annoyed they can't avoid the whole thing and just push on with their quest turn-ins or whatever. I can see their point, but my feeling is that it's a nice break in the monotony of the quest grind and whatever I'm trying to accomplish in-game can just wait for a bit while I go take a look at this crate with the strange green glow... Braaaaaaiiiiiinnnnnsssss.

No comments: